Drumshanbo Credit Union Limited is a local, not for profit financial institution. We specialise in providing a safe place for savings and loans in our community.
Established in 1978, Drumshanbo Credit Union is proud of its heritage and continues to be governed by our members and voluntary Board of Directors.
What is the Credit Union difference
- Each credit union is an independent, ‘not-for-profit’ organisation that exists solely for the benefit of its members, not stock markets. Decisions are therefore made at a local level.
- No matter how much you have saved, all members aged 16 or over, have equal voting rights on issues affecting their credit union.
- We offer members the chance to have control over their own finances by making their own savings work for them. Drumshanbo Credit Union is owned by the members — the people who save and borrow with it — people like you.
- When you become a member and start saving with Drumshanbo Credit Union you will have access to fair and reasonable rates on savings and loans.
- Your savings contribute to your credit union’s loan fund. So your savings are helping other members. Members like you.
- Drumshanbo Credit Union exists only to serve its members — not to profit from their needs. Surplus income generated is returned to members by way of a dividend and/or is directed to improved or additional services required by the members.
What Services Does Our Credit Union Offer?
We provide important financial services to our local community in a variety of ways.
We provide various loan types such as personal loans and car loans to our members. All profits are used to fund loans for other members.
Most of our members choose to save with our credit union through means such as a monthly direct debit.
We offer supporting services such as insurance to our members. This can be viewed on coveru.ie
NOMINATION OF ACCOUNT
Our members are entitled to nominate a person to receive their savings in the event of their death. This is done at no extra cost to the member.
The Proof is in the Numbers - Important dates
Credit unions have been serving Irish communities since 1958. Credit unions don’t have customers, they have members and throughout the island of Ireland, there are more than 3.6 million credit union members.
Drumshanbo Credit Union was established in 1978 and is proud of its heritage and continues to be governed by our members and voluntary Board of Directors.
Credit unions have claimed pole position six years in a row for the Best Customer Experience in Ireland at the official CXi Awards. Credit unions have strengthened their reputation as Ireland’s undisputed CX champions by not just taking the top spot again, but by also extending their lead at the top of the table.
So, why not Become a Member Today
Members save with their credit union and create a communal pool of money available to be used for providing loans to other members. Interest charged on loans to members generates an income for the credit union.
Any additional savings not lent out to members can be invested to return a further income to the credit union. From this income, the credit union pays any operational expenses.
Any remaining income is referred to as the credit union surplus and funds the dividend paid on members’ shares and/or is directed to improved or additional services for members.
Credit unions may also choose to pay a loan interest rebate, which is a refund of loan interest paid to all members who borrowed during the preceding financial year.
Why not become a member today – Call us or pop in for more information.
If you haven’t used your credit union account in a while, reactivating your account couldn’t be easier.
Just send an email, pick up the phone or pop into us today and talk to a friendly staff member about your ‘Credit ReUnion’. It doesn’t matter how long it’s been since they have last heard from you, your local credit union will be happy to welcome you back.
Once your account is reactivated you will be eligible for the great range of affordable loans provided by your credit union. What are you waiting for?